The new Yandelora School will be located on the site of the former Hope Anglican School, which will be demolished to enable the construction of a modern, purpose built school.
As a ‘School for Special Purposes’ (SSP), the Yandelora School will cater to the needs of students with moderate to severe intellectual and physical disabilities, by providing intensive and specialised staffing and educational programs.
The capital works project will provide 12 classes for students in Kindergarten to Year 12.
The school facilities will include:
- Demolition and removal of all existing structures, paving, seating, landscaping and nominated trees to enable construction of the works, including removal of all redundant services. This includes appropriate removal and disposal of all asbestos material.
- Construction of a new hydrotherapy pool
- Construction of a new multi-purpose school hall
- Re-purposing the existing library
- Construction of new administration block
- Completion of design (Building I only) and construction of new homebase classrooms
- Construction of new landscaping, site works, infrastructure works including parking, kerb and driveway, subliminal learning markings, sensory garden and field facilities
- Construction of substation
- Supply and placement of all furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Upgrading, alternation, coordination and extension of electrical and hydraulic services
- Construction of new onsite storm water detention devices