Campbell Barracks, WA | Holsworthy Barracks, NSW | Defence Establishment Howard Springs, NT | Lavarack Barracks, QLD
The REDFIN Phase 1B Infrastructure project will provide new, upgraded and refurbished infrastructure support facilities to support the introduction into service of a new fleet of Special Operations Vehicles (SOV) and the associated communications capability for the Australian Defence Force (ADF). The units to receive the facilities are 2 Commando Regiment (2 CDO Regt.), based at Holsworthy Barracks in Sydney, and Special Air Service Regiment (SASR), based at Campbell Barracks in Perth.
The fundamental driver for the REDFIN Phase 1B Infrastructure Long Range Patrol Radio Sytem (LRPRS) – Fixed Control Stations (FCS) project is to ensure construction and associated technology system works are successfully procured, completed, commissioned and handed over in a time frame and manner that is sympathetic to Defence’s operational requirements, as well as the associated programme of works to provide infrastructure support facilities for Defence’s new fleet of Special Operations Vehicle’s (SOV’s).
Zone 5 Security upgrade works to the existing Building 3050 Secure Radio Room involved:
- Decommission and removing the existing PIR Detector
- Install new PIR Detector to new location
- Install new door including installation of new magnetic reed switches
- Install new Access Control device cabling to existing Type 1 SAS panel
- Install new Type 1 SAS Device cabling to existing Type 1 SAS Panel
- Install new attack resistant security grilles to mechanical ducting
All equipment installation and commissioning of the security systems was undertake in accordance with the ASIO T4 Technical Note 5-12 Physical Security of Zone 5 (Top Secret) Areas. St Hilliers NV1 Security Manager was heavily involved in the coordination of the works between the facility user group and the relevant subcontractors and consultants.
All electronic equipment, door locking systems and hardware installed as part of the protected and secured Zone 5 works were SCEC endorsed.
Other works involving the supply construction / installation commissioning of:
- base stations
- rotating head log periodic antennas
- communication towers and masts
- high frequency near vertical incidence skywave antennas
- ultra-high frequency satellite ground station communication antennas
- minor building works equipment shelters