Meridan Plains, QLD
Meridan State College
The Meridan State College -Stage 3 project involved the fast-track design and construction of nine new buildings. The project set a Department of Education and Training benchmark for the design of student and staff facilities.
Located west of Caloundra and surrounded by rainforest, the Meridan State College project comprised of:
- New students sport and recreation centre
- Senior Catering Extension Unit
- Specialised Education Unit
- Staff Centre and Development
- Senior Science and Discovery Centre
- Creative Arts and Business Centre
- Industrial Technology Systems Centre
- Amenities Block
- Refurbishment of the Executive area
- Alterations and additions to the current car parking.
St Hilliers successfully incorporated innovative construction solutions, which led to significant savings enabling the school to purchase advanced biometric and other equipment within the original budget for the project.
St Hilliers received a Queensland Master Builders Association Housing and Construction Award for Health and Education Facilities in 2010.