Chubb Building – 830 Elizabeth Street
This is a leading example of an adaptive re-use of a former industrial building. St Hilliers refurbished the 1930 Chubb heritage site to provide a modern, hi-tech commercial facility comprising 2,500sqm over two levels.
Incorporated in the design were many elements of the former building including the distinctive facade. Extensive use of glazing, stainless steel and joinery, both loose and fixed, were used in the open plan office areas, executive office space, atriums, kitchens and gymnasium.
The building was sub-divided to provide two tenancies, one of which housed St Hilliers before its move to The Rocks.